Srinagar: Jammu & Kashmir Services Selection Board has announced the JKSSB Syllabus for Assistant Storekeeper-cum-Clerk and other Graduate Level Posts.
More specifically, the syllabus is applicable for the following posts announced via JKSSB Advertisement Notification No. 03 of 2017:
1) Assistant Store Keeper-cum-Clerk (Cadre: Kashmir Division; Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department)
2) Information Assistant (Cadre: State; Information Department)
3) Videographer (Cadre: State; Information Department)
4) Junior Laboratory Assistant (Cadre: Jammu Division; Higher Education Department)
The JKSSB Syllabus for Assistant Storekeeper-cum-Clerk, Information Assistant, Videographer & Junior Laboratory Assistant posts consists of Six Units including General English, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, General Knowledge with Special Reference to J&K, General Science, Mental Ability Test & Computer Applications. The detailed Syllabus is provided below.
JKSSB Syllabus for Assistant Storekeeper-cum-Clerk & Other Graduate Level Posts
Total Marks: 120 Marks | Exam Duration: 120 Minutes
Unit-I: General English (20 Marks)
- Rearranging of Jumbled Sentences.
- Comprehension with blanks to be filled in with Phrases, Pronouns, Homonyms / Homophones.
- Synonyms and Antonyms.
- Pairs of words and their use in meaningful sentences.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Uses of Prepositions.
Unit-II: General Knowledge & Current Affairs (20 Marks)
- Important Dates in Indian History / Freedom Struggle, Different Dates and Events.
- First in World (Adventure, Sports, Discoveries).
- First in India (Adventure, Sports, Discoveries).
- Popular names of Personalities (Religion, Politics, Scientific discoveries, Geographical, Sports, History).
- The Newspaper World – (Current Dailies & Weeklies of India).
- Books & Authors – General.
- Capitals & Currencies.
- United Nations Organisations – Veto Powers.
- No. of Countries as its Members.
- Principal organs and their functions.
- SAARC, ASEAN.
- Everyday Science.
- World famous Awards – (in Science; Literature; Sports).
- National Awards – (in Science; Literature; Sports).
- The World of Sports.
- Climate & Crops in India.
- Democratic Institutions.
- Forms of Government.
- Political & Physical divisions of World & India.
- Important Rivers & Lakes in India.
- Current Events of National and International Level.
- Role of Mathematics in Economics.
- Agriculture in economic development; Industrialization and economic development.
- Indian Foreign Trade.
- New economic reforms and growth of foreign trade.
- Inflation – Concept and types; Causes and consequences.
UNIT-III: General Knowledge with Special Reference to J&K (20 Marks)
- Abbreviations, Important Dates, Popular names of personalities and their achievements / contribution (National and International).
- Constitution of J&K – Formation, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles.
- Weather, Climate, Crops, Means of Transport.
- Important power projects and their impact on State economy.
- Rivers and Lakes.
- Important Tourist Destinations.
- History of J&K State.
- Historical places of the State and their importance.
- RTI Act.
- Indus Water Treaty and its impact on State economy.
Unit-IV: General Science (20 Marks)
- Various sources of energy; conventional sources of energy; improvement in technology for using conventional source of energy (Biomass and Wind energy).
- Non-conventional sources of energy (Solar energy, Tidal energy).
- Mechanics, Rest, Motion, Velocites, Acceleration, Newton – Laws of Motion.
- Voltage, Current, Resistance, Power, DC Batteries.
- Waves, Light as a wave, Sound waves, Transverse and Longitudinal waves.
- Structure of Atom.
- Solids, Liquids and Gases (Basics).
- Life Processes: Nutrition and its types, Respiration, Transportation of water, food and minerals in plants.
- Vitamins – Diseases related to vitamin deficiency.
- Environmental pollution.
- Ecosystem – Its components, Food chains and Food webs.
- Ozone layer, its depletion, Green House Effect.
- Importance of water in life.
Unit-V: Mental Ability Test (20 Marks)
- Number Series.
- Letter Series.
- Coding Decoding.
- Direction sense.
- Blood Relations.
- Mathematical reasoning.
- Speed, Distance and Time.
- Statements and conclusions.
- Logical Reasoning.
- Mental Reasoning.
Unit-VI: Computer Applications (20 Marks)
- Fundamentals of Computer Sciences.
- Hardware & Software.
- Input and Output devices.
- Operating System.
- M.S Word, M.S Excel, M.S Access and PowerPoint Presentation.
- E-mail & Internet.
The JKSSB Admit Cards for Assistant Storekeeper-cum-Clerk Posts are already available for download from Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board’s official website.
The Kashmir Pulse is now on Google News. Get latest news updates by subscribing to our Telegram handle or join our WhatsApp Group!