Srinagar: Jammu & Kashmir Services Selection Board has announced the JKSSB Syllabus for Assistant Storekeeper-cum-Clerk and other Graduate Level Posts.
More specifically, the syllabus is applicable for the following posts announced via JKSSB Advertisement Notification No. 03 of 2017:
1) Assistant Store Keeper-cum-Clerk (Cadre: Kashmir Division; Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department)
2) Information Assistant (Cadre: State; Information Department)
3) Videographer (Cadre: State; Information Department)
4) Junior Laboratory Assistant (Cadre: Jammu Division; Higher Education Department)
The JKSSB Syllabus for Assistant Storekeeper-cum-Clerk, Information Assistant, Videographer & Junior Laboratory Assistant posts consists of Six Units including General English, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, General Knowledge with Special Reference to J&K, General Science, Mental Ability Test & Computer Applications. The detailed Syllabus is provided below.
JKSSB Syllabus for Assistant Storekeeper-cum-Clerk & Other Graduate Level Posts
Total Marks: 120 Marks | Exam Duration: 120 Minutes
Unit-I: General English (20 Marks)
- Rearranging of Jumbled Sentences.
- Comprehension with blanks to be filled in with Phrases, Pronouns, Homonyms / Homophones.
- Synonyms and Antonyms.
- Pairs of words and their use in meaningful sentences.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Uses of Prepositions.
Unit-II: General Knowledge & Current Affairs (20 Marks)
- Important Dates in Indian History / Freedom Struggle, Different Dates and Events.
- First in World (Adventure, Sports, Discoveries).
- First in India (Adventure, Sports, Discoveries).
- Popular names of Personalities (Religion, Politics, Scientific discoveries, Geographical, Sports, History).
- The Newspaper World – (Current Dailies & Weeklies of India).
- Books & Authors – General.
- Capitals & Currencies.
- United Nations Organisations – Veto Powers.
- No. of Countries as its Members.
- Principal organs and their functions.
- SAARC, ASEAN.
- Everyday Science.
- World famous Awards – (in Science; Literature; Sports).
- National Awards – (in Science; Literature; Sports).
- The World of Sports.
- Climate & Crops in India.
- Democratic Institutions.
- Forms of Government.
- Political & Physical divisions of World & India.
- Important Rivers & Lakes in India.
- Current Events of National and International Level.
- Role of Mathematics in Economics.
- Agriculture in economic development; Industrialization and economic development.
- Indian Foreign Trade.
- New economic reforms and growth of foreign trade.
- Inflation – Concept and types; Causes and consequences.
UNIT-III: General Knowledge with Special Reference to J&K (20 Marks)
- Abbreviations, Important Dates, Popular names of personalities and their achievements / contribution (National and International).
- Constitution of J&K – Formation, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles.
- Weather, Climate, Crops, Means of Transport.
- Important power projects and their impact on State economy.
- Rivers and Lakes.
- Important Tourist Destinations.
- History of J&K State.
- Historical places of the State and their importance.
- RTI Act.
- Indus Water Treaty and its impact on State economy.
Unit-IV: General Science (20 Marks)
- Various sources of energy; conventional sources of energy; improvement in technology for using conventional source of energy (Biomass and Wind energy).
- Non-conventional sources of energy (Solar energy, Tidal energy).
- Mechanics, Rest, Motion, Velocites, Acceleration, Newton – Laws of Motion.
- Voltage, Current, Resistance, Power, DC Batteries.
- Waves, Light as a wave, Sound waves, Transverse and Longitudinal waves.
- Structure of Atom.
- Solids, Liquids and Gases (Basics).
- Life Processes: Nutrition and its types, Respiration, Transportation of water, food and minerals in plants.
- Vitamins – Diseases related to vitamin deficiency.
- Environmental pollution.
- Ecosystem – Its components, Food chains and Food webs.
- Ozone layer, its depletion, Green House Effect.
- Importance of water in life.
Unit-V: Mental Ability Test (20 Marks)
- Number Series.
- Letter Series.
- Coding Decoding.
- Direction sense.
- Blood Relations.
- Mathematical reasoning.
- Speed, Distance and Time.
- Statements and conclusions.
- Logical Reasoning.
- Mental Reasoning.
Unit-VI: Computer Applications (20 Marks)
- Fundamentals of Computer Sciences.
- Hardware & Software.
- Input and Output devices.
- Operating System.
- M.S Word, M.S Excel, M.S Access and PowerPoint Presentation.
- E-mail & Internet.
The JKSSB Admit Cards for Assistant Storekeeper-cum-Clerk Posts are already available for download from Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board’s official website.