Gas Cylinder Blast
Representational Image

SRINAGAR — A cook and a kid received burn injuries in a gas cylinder explosion that took place at a school in Marhama area of southern Kashmir’s Anantnag district on Saturday.

An official quoted by the news agency Kashmir Scroll said that a gas explosion occurred at Middle School Jafarpora Marhama Anantnag in which a 50-year-old lady identified as Hajira and a four-year-old kid identified as Zian son of Mohammad Ashraf suffered injuries.

Story continues below advertisement

He said that both were initially shifted to SDH Bijbehara and were later referred to SMHS Hospital Srinagar for further treatment. The lady was a cook at the school and the cause of the explosion is said to be the leakage in the gas cylinder.

ALSO READ
Jammu and Kashmir Apni Party announces candidates for LS polls

The fire caused by the explosion was brought under control, he said and added that police have taken cognizance of the incident and started an investigation in this regard.

Follow Us

The Kashmir Pulse is now on Google News. Subscribe our Telegram channel and Follow our WhatsApp channel for timely news updates!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here