Electrocution
Representational Image

SRINAGAR — A PDD inspector on Wednesday died due to an electric shock in Parimpora area of Srinagar when he was carrying out some repair work, officials said.

An official told the news agency KNO that the PDD inspector identified as Imtiyaz Ahmad of Chattabal got electrocuted when he was carrying out some repair work. He said that soon after the incident, he was shifted to SMHS Hospital, however, he was pronounced dead.

Police have taken cognizance of the incident and further investigation has been taken up, he said.

ALSO READ
Man found dead in washroom at Khawaja Bazar

Meanwhile, locals of the area demanded a probe into the incident, asking why the transmission line was not disconnected if the employee had to do the repair work.

Follow Us

The Kashmir Pulse is now on Google News. Subscribe our Telegram channel and Follow our WhatsApp channel for timely news updates!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here