PULWAMA — The Kashmir Pulse, Kashmir’s premier news portal, is going to publish its maiden Anthology, with the theme/title as “Perplexed Thoughts — Tales from Kashmir“.
The anthology will be focussed on various facets of life in Kashmir including but not limited to society, culture, nostalgia, inspiration, history, conflict and resistance. This will be a collection of stories from diverse genres.
Both prominent and budding writers can contribute for the same, keeping in view the theme/title.
Among the prominent writers who will contribute include Dr. Santosh Bakaya, Dr. Ampat Varghese Koshy, Mushtaq Barque, Wani Nazir, Azra Mufti, Mir Rashidah, Mudasir Nazar, Imran Yousuf and Mohammad Zahid and more.
Given the fact that the book will be promoted in local as well as national media, besides literary circles/forums, it is especially a great chance for budding writers/poets to submit their best writings and get due recognition.
A total of 50 contributors, including the prominent writers, will be shortlisted for the anthology.
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE?
If you are going through a writer’s block, writing for anthology is a foolproof way to warm up your creativity. If you are a debutant author looking to build up your writing portfolio with publishing books, this anthology is the best way to begin your writing career and get due recognition at the same time.
- There will be a blend of poetry, short story (prose) and micro-fiction and interested contributors should submit their best writings, in English obviously. Each contributor must submit two entries, but in two different literary genres mentioned.
- The word count should ideally be 1000-3000 words for each story, but it’s not mandatory though.
- The contributors’ entry must be sent along with the author’s bio and a profile picture.
- Contributions must be sent as a MS WORD file to the email email@example.com and not on any other email, to ensure review by the Editors.
- After an entry is shortlisted, the author will have to pay minimal publishing charges for the same.
- The deadline for mailing the contributions is October 25, 2020.
ARE THERE ANY RULES?
- The contributors need to sign a Copyright Transfer Form and a Consent Letter.
- The submissions must not be published already, either online or offline. Even after the publication of the anthology, authors will need written permission for content reproduction.
- Make sure to read all the guidelines clearly and discuss any reservations beforehand.
WHAT MAKES IT INTERESTING?
- The book will be published within the shortest possible time, within 45 days.
- It will be available on online stores, and on The Kashmir Pulse’s official website as well.
- All the contributors will get a hard copy of the book as well as an ebook.
- Apart from the book reviews from local authors and critics, the book will be promoted on local and national media.
If you are not satisfied and have more questions, kindly revert back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.