Three family members including kid die of ‘asphyxiation’

0
23
Three family members including kid die of asphyxiation

BARAMULLA — In a heart wrenching incident, three members of a family including a kid were found dead apparently due to asphyxiation caused by a coal brazier lit in their room to keep warm, police said.

The incident occurred in Nihalpora village of Pattan town in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district.

Story continues below advertisement

A team led by SHO Pattan rushed to the spot to ascertain the facts. Police sources confirmed that the trio including a man, his wife and little son have died to asphyxiation caused by a coal brazier lit in their room during night.

ALSO READ
Militant killed during shootout in Baramulla

They identified the deceased as Muhammad Maqbool Lone, his wife Haseena Akhtar and son Talib Maqbool Lone.

Police sources said that the trio was found unresponsive by a relative living next door and accordingly police was informed.

The coal brazier (Angeethi) was found lit in the small shabby room and prime facie, it appears that they inhaled the toxic gas from it which led to their death, police sources said, adding that the bodies will be sent for post-mortem and the exact reason of their death will be known once the report is out.

ALSO READ
Gunfight restarts in Sopore's Warpora

A case has been registered and police are further investigating.

Follow Us

The Kashmir Pulse is now on Google News. Subscribe our Telegram channel and Follow our WhatsApp channel for timely news updates!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here