Daily rated PDD worker electrocuted in Pulwama

0
103
Electrocution
Representational Image

PULWAMA — A Power Development Department’s daily-rated worker was electrocuted when he was repairing a transmission line at Khonmou Grid Station here in southern Kashmir’s Pulwama district.

Sources said that the deceased employee, Muhammad Ashraf Dar, son of Ghulam Ahmed Dar, a resident of Samboora Pampore was repairing a transmission line at Khonmou Grid Station, when due to sheer negligence of some employees, electricity was restored on that line, as a result of which he received fatal electric shock.

Dar was shifted to JVC Srinagar where doctors referred him to SKIMS Soura. He died in the hospital.

ALSO READ
Elderly man from Tral injured in Bear attack dies

The deceased has been working in the department as a daily-rated worker since 1995 and is survived by his wife and two little children.

Concerned Executive Engineer Showkat Ahmed said that a probe has been ordered and whosoever is found guilty, will face the music.

Follow Us

The Kashmir Pulse is now on Google News. Subscribe our Telegram channel and Follow our WhatsApp channel for timely news updates!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here