The Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi will be conducting the 8th Edition of Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on 20.09.2015 (Sunday) for a candidate to be eligible for appointment as a teacher for classes I to VIII. Candidates can apply only On-line for CTET-SEPT 2015 on CTET website – www.ctet.nic.in
– Submission of On-line application: 30.07.2015 to 19.08.2015 – Last date for Online Submission of application: 19-08-2015
– Last date for payment of fees Through E-Challan or Debit/Credit Card by the candidate: 20-08-2015 (before 03:30 PM)
– Period for On-line Corrections in Particulars (No correction will be allowed in any particulars after this date): 21.08.2015 to 25.08.2015
– Download Admit Card from CTET website: 04.09.2015
I. The CTET shall apply to schools of the Central Government (KVS, NVS, Tibetan Schools, etc) and schools under the Administrative Control of UT of Chandigarh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli and NCT of Delhi.
II. CTET may also apply to the unaided private schools, who may exercise the option of considering the CTET.
III. Schools owned and managed by the State Government/local bodies and aided schools shall consider the TET conducted by the State Government. However, a State Government can also consider the CTET if it decides not to conduct the State TET.
IV. According to CBSE Affiliation Bye-Law 53, prescribing the minimum qualifications for teachers to teach various subjects in Classes I to VIII in the schools Affiliated to CBSE stands amended to that extant and it shall be mandatory that the teachers appointed herein after i.e. 6th March 2012 to teach classes I to VIII in the Schools affiliated to the CBSE shall qualify/pass the Central Teacher Eligibility Test conducted by CBSE on behalf of Central Government or Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), conducted by the appropriate State Government in accordance with the Guidelines framed by the NCTE for this purpose. Please note that qualifying the CTET would not confer a right on any person for recruitment/employment as it is only one of the eligibility criteria for appointment.
ELIGIBILITY:The candidates having the following minimum educational qualification are eligible for appearing in CTET.
– Minimum Educational Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V (Primary Stage): Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002.
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education)*.
Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
– Minimum Educational Qualification for becoming Teacher for Classes VI-VIII (Elementary Stage): Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A. Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education)*.
(i) *Diploma/Degree Course in Teacher Education: For the purposes of this Notification, a diploma/degree course in teacher education recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered. However, in case of Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.ED (Special Education), a course recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) only shall be considered.
(ii) Training to be undergone: A person with D.Ed. (Special Education) qualification shall undergo, after appointment an NCTE recognized 6-month Special Programme in Elementary Education.
(iii) The minimum qualifications referred above apply to teachers of Languages, Social Studies/Social Science, Mathematics, Science etc. In respect of teachers for Physical Education, the minimum qualification norms for Physical Education teachers referred to in NCTE Regulation, dated 3rd November, 2001 (as amended from time to time) shall be applicable. For teachers of Art Education, Craft Education, Home Science, Work Education, etc. the existing eligibility norms prescribed by the State Governments and other school managements shall be applicable till such time the NCTE lays down the minimum qualifications in respect of such teachers.
(iv) Candidates who are appearing in the final year of Bachelor Degree in Education or Diploma in Elementary Education etc. are provisionally admitted and their CTET Certificate shall be valid only on passing the aforesaid Examinations, before the declaration of the CTET result.
(v) The candidate not having any of the above qualification shall not be eligible for appearing in Central Teacher Eligibility Test.
(vi) The candidate should satisfy his/her eligibility before applying and shall be personally responsible in case he/she is not eligible to apply as per the given eligibility criteria. It is to be noted that if a candidate has been allowed to appear in the Central Teacher Eligibility Test it does not imply that the candidate’s eligibility has been verified. It does not vest any right with the candidate for appointment. The eligibility shall be finally verified, by the concerned recruiting agency/ appointing authority.
Pattern of Examination
The CTET examination will be of objective type Multiple Choice Question (MCQ’s). There will be no negative marking. There will be 2 papers of CTET.
(i) Paper I will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes I to V.
(ii) Paper II will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII.
Note: A person who intends to be a teacher for both levels (classes I to V and classes VI to VIII) will have to appear in both the papers (Paper I and Paper II).
■ Candidates can only apply On-line for CTET-SEPT 2015.
■ Candidate should enter his particulars i.e. Name, Father Name, Mother Name & Date of Birth as per his/her Secondary Education Board Class X Certificate.
■ No change in any particular will be allowed under any circumstances after last date specified for the Corrections.
■ Online Application has to be submitted by accessing the following CTET website www.ctet.nic.in. The candidate should supply all the details while filling up the ‘On-line’ Application.
■ After depositing fee in Bank, Candidates are required to take a print out of the computer generated Confirmation Page after successful submission of data. (if fees paid through Challan) and keep it for records and future reference if required.
■ The fee can be remitted in the following ways: – Through Challan by deposit of prescribed fees in CBSE Account with Syndicate Bank or HDFC Bank in favour of Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi. – By Debit/Credit Card.
Procedure for submission of the Online Application Form
1. Please read the Information Bulletin of CTET SEPT 2015 carefully before you start filling the Online Application Form.
2. Candidates can apply for CTET-SEPT 2015 ‘ON-LINE through website www.ctet.nic.in. The candidate should supply all details while filling the ONLINE FORM. Candidates are required to take a print out of the computer generated Confirmation Page with Registration Number after successful submission of data, upload of images and payment of fees for record and future reference. The confirmation page SHOULD NOT be sent to CBSE.
3. The application for CTET-SEPT 2015 has been made completely online with the facility to upload photograph and signature of the applicant. The particulars will be filled online and the scanned images of latest photograph and signature (in JPG format only) will be uploaded at the time of filling the application form.
4. The candidate should mention their own Mobile No., E-mail ID, Photograph and Signature while submitting their On-Line application as the CTET alerts will send to the candidates on their registered Mobile Number and E-mail ID.