It is notified for information of all the concerned that the last date for completion of admission formalities for admission to 1st semester under Choice Based Credit System Scheme of B.A / B.SC / B.Com / B.C.A / B.B.A / B.M.M.M.C in the affiliated Colleges of the University shall be 22nd March, 2016 on the following terms and conditions:
- The candidates who have passed their 10+2 class examination in full shall be eligible for admission to the course. However, for B.Sc (General), B.A. / B.Sc / B.Com (Honors) Programme and BCA / BBA / BMMMC, candidates having secured not less than 45% marks in aggregate in case of open merit and 40% marks in case of reserved categories (in accordance with SRO’s issued by the State Government from time to time) in aggregate shall be eligible for admission.
- Candidates, who have already appeared or are still appearing in the 10+2 Examination of JKBOSE or any other Board, including CBSE, whose main result of 10+2 Examination or the Re-evaluation result is still awaited, shall also complete the Admission formality. However, such candidates shall have to pay a non-refundable processing fee of Rs. 100/- instead of the Full Admission Fee in the College concerned and also submit an affidavit duly sworn in before the Judicial Magistrate 1st class to the effect that he/she is seeking provisional admission in the College on his/her own risk and responsibility and in case he/she fails to attain the required eligibility after the declaration of the qualifying examination result / re-evaluation result, his/her admission shall automatically stand cancelled. However, the candidates who attain the eligibility after the declaration of the awaited result shall have to submit the required certificates along-with the Admission & Examination fee within 10 working days after attaining the eligibility.
- The candidates who are already Registered with the University either in private or regular capacity but could not appeared in the examination are also eligible for readmission.
- The candidates shall have to submit only one Registration Form at the time of his/her Admission. The said Form will be available on the University website (www.kashmiruniversity.net), along with the instructions.
- The candidates can deposit the prescribed fee at any finacle branches of J&K Bank on the fee receipt generated with Registration form.
- The candidate have to submit the downloaded Registration form, alongwith Fee, College Admission form and the requisite set of certificates in the College concerned where he/she wants to seek admission with a specific subject combination.
- Candidate can choose any subject combination (specific to a Programme) offered by the concerned College in tune with the UGC CBCS-2016 scheme of the University of Kashmir.
- It shall be incumbent upon all the candidates admitted to a College, whether on provisional basis or other-wise, to attend classes regularly as their attendance shall be counted with effect from the date of inception of class work.
- The College, making use of the UID No. printed on the Registration Form shall upload the name of the College and the Subject Combination of the Candidate on the University website.
- Immediately after completion of successful admission to a College the candidate shall have to submit the prescribed examination fee for first two semesters through J&K Bank, after obtaining the bank pay in slip from the concerned College. However, the candidates admitted provisionally in view of non-availability of qualifying examination result shall deposit the College Admission fee in full and the Examination fee for the 1st two Semesters within 10 days after acquiring the final eligibility.
- Candidates will not have to submit any examination form during academic course. However prescribed examination fee shall have to be paid at the time of admission to odd semesters. Permission to appear in examination/s will be subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria (details available in UGC CBCS-2016).
- Class work for each semester shall be of a minimum of 16 weeks. Examination notification / date sheet will be issued separately, and class work for next semester will start immediately after completion of examination.
- The selection of candidates for admission to BA / B.Sc. / B.Com (General / Honors) / BCA / BBA / BMMMC Programme shall be based either on the merit obtained in the 10+2 level examination or the written test conducted by the College for different courses as decided by the College concerned. Provided that preference for admission to the Honors Programme/s of BA / B. Sc. / B.Com in any Subject/s shall be given to the students who have passed the qualifying examination with the same subject/s at the 10+2 level.
- However the Private affiliated College Principals need to Contact the Dean College Development Council for Admission to BBA / BCA.
Principals of all affiliated Colleges shall forward Registration form alongwith prescribed fee in the office of the undersigned within 10 days after closure of admission. The Registration form should be supported with the following documents of the candidates:
- Original Higher Secondary School Leaving certificate;
- Self attested photocopy of Secondary School Examination (10th Class);
- Self attested photocopy of Higher Secondary School Examination Part II (12th Class);
- Migration certificate (where ever applicable);
The eligibility of the pass out candidates of 12th class other than J&K Board of School Education, shall be determined subject to the submission of Original Migration certificate(s) from respective institutions and equivalence certificate of 12th class from J&K Board of School Education. The College Principals shall accordingly check the status of the Board(s) prior to their admission to the course in the respective Colleges.
The Principals shall ensure that admission/classification is made strictly in accordance with the revised combination of subjects under Choice Base Credit Base Scheme, available on University website at www.kashmiruniversity.net.
Note:- There shall be no extension for admission beyond the prescribed date and the admission shall be strictly in accordance with the terms & conditions as laid down above.