New Delhi: The State Bank of India (SBI) has issued a notification, inviting applications from eligible, interested candidates to apply for SBI PO Recruitment 2018 for 2000 Posts.
The registration for these Probationary Officer (PO) positions has commenced from today i.e, April 21. However, the last date for submission of applications is May 13.
The selection will be through three stages – Preliminary, Mains and Group Exercise & Interview. Only those candidates who clear the Preliminary Examination will appear for the Main Examination. Those shortlisted will then have to appear for Group Exercise & Interview.
Vacancy Details for SBI PO Recruitment 2018:
Total Vacancies: 2000
Designation: Probationary Officer (PO)
Eligibility Criteria for SBI PO Recruitment 2018:
Educational Qualification: The aspirants should have pursued graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the final year / semester of their graduation may also apply. If called for the interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before August 31, 2018.
Age Limit: The age of the aspirants should be maximum 30 years and minimum 21 years. Relaxation in age will be provided as per the norms.
Selection Procedure for SBI PO Recruitment 2018:
The examination will be held in three phases i.e, Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The candidates who are shortlisted after Preliminary Examination will have to appear for Main Examination. The candidates shortlisted after the Main Examination will be subsequently called for a Group Exercises & Interview.
Preliminary Examination: The paper will consist of Objective Type questions. It will be an Online Test of 100 Marks and the duration of the same will be one hour. It will consist of the following three sections:
- English Language: 30 Questions (20 Minutes)
- Quantitative Aptitude: 35 Questions (20 Minutes)
- Reasoning Ability: 35 Questions (20 Minutes)
Main Examination: The exam will consist of Objective Test of 200 Marks and Descriptive Test for 50 Marks. Both will be conducted online.
- Objective Test: The duration of the test will be three hours. Questions will be framed from the following four sections:
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude: 45 Questions (60 Minutes)
- Data Analysis and Interpretation: 35 Questions (45 Minutes)
- General / Economy / Banking Awareness: 40 Questions (35 Minutes)
- English Language: 35 Questions (40 Minutes)
- Descriptive Test: The duration of the test will be 30 minutes. It will have two questions for 50 Marks, will be a test of English language (letter writing and essay).
⊗ One fourth marks will be deducted for wrong answers in both Prelims and Mains. In case a question is left blank, there will be no penalty for that question.
The facility of scribe would be allowed to a person who has disability of 40 per cent or more (who have physical limitation to write), if so desired by the person.
Pay Scale: The selected candidates will earn a basic monthly salary of Rs. 23,700 to Rs. 42,020.
Important Dates for SBI PO Recruitment 2018: The important dates for this job recruitment process are as follows:
1. Online Registration & Fee Payment: April 21, 2018
2. Last Date for Registration & Fee Payment: May 13, 2018
3. Call Letter for Prelims: June 18, 2018
4. Preliminary Examination: July 01, 07 & 08, 2018
5. Prelims Result: July 15, 2018
6. Call Letter for Mains: July 20, 2018
7. Main Examination: August 04, 2018
8. Mains Result: August 20, 2018
9. Call Letter for Interview: September 01, 2018
For more details about this recruitment, interested job aspirants can download the official Advertisement Notification released by State Bank of India.
Those, who fulfill the eligibility criteria and wish to apply for this recruitment, can do so at the official website of State Bank of India.