Srinagar: University of Kashmir has issued the Kashmir University Admission Notification No. 1 of 2017 from the Office of the Dean Academic Affairs.
On-line Applications are invited from the eligible candidates (Bachelors) for appearing in Kashmir University Entrance Test (KUET) for admission to the below mentioned Programmes for the academic session 2017.
I. Masters Programme in: Arabic, English, Hindi, Kashmiri, Library & Information Science, Linguistics, Persian, Sanskrit, Urdu, Commerce, Education, M.Ed., M.P.Ed., Economics, History, Islamic Studies, Mass Communication & Journalism, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Bioresources, Clinical Biochemistry, Zoology, Microbiology, Computer Applications, Electronics, Home Science (Dietetics & Clinical Nutrition, Food Science & Nutrition, Extension & Communication and Human Development), Food Science & Technology, Information Technology, Chemistry, Disaster Management, Environmental Science, Geography, Applied Geology, Geo-Informatics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics.
Bachelors Programme in Law: LLB (3 year Professional).
II. Eligibility: Candidates having passed the qualifying examination (Bachelors) with the required percentage and subject combinations reflected in the Prospectus-2017 available on the official website of the University are eligible to apply for appearing in KUET.
|Programme||Minimum required Percentage|
|MSW, MCA and M.Sc. IT|
|M.Tech, M.Sc. Biotechnology and M.Ed.|
|All Other Programmes|
Detailed eligibility criteria for various Programmes offered by the University are mentioned in the Prospectus-2017, available on the official website of University of Kashmir under the link Admissions-2017.
The Syllabi prescribed for Kashmir University Entrance Test and previous Entrance Papers are also available on the same link i.e. Admissions-2017.
Note: Candidates belonging to the Leh District shall be given first preference in admissions to the programmes offered at Leh Campus. However, seats falling vacant thereafter will be filled-up from the students belonging to Ladakh region followed by Kashmir province.
III. Important Dates:
|Submission of On-line Forms||17-03-2017 after 2:00 pm|
|Last date of submission of On-line/Hard Copy of Application Forms in respect of Reserved Category candidates||27-03-2017|
|Conduct of Entrance Test Examinations (tentative)||01-04-2017|
IV. Submission of On-Line Application Forms: The candidates are advised to follow the following steps for filling their On-Line Application Forms:
Step-1: Visit http://www.kashmiruniversity.net or www.kashmiruniversity.ac.in and click on Link Admissions 2017. Read Important Instructions for Registration and Submission of Form carefully before proceeding further.
Step-2: A candidate needs to register himself / herself before submitting the Online Application Form. For Registration with the System, Click on the Register as Student link. Remember the Username and Password for future reference. Use valid mobile no. and e-mail–ID during registration process.
Step-3: After successful Registration, Login into the system for submitting On-line Application Form. Enter your Registration No. / Enrollment No. and Click Next to proceed further.
Step-3: Enter your personal and academic details alongwith latest PP size photograph, showing clearly your face.
Step-4: Select the desired Programme/s and Campus / College Preferences.
Step-5: Preview the Form displayed on the screen. If details are correct, click on Submit. If there is any variation, click on Previous button, make corrections and then Submit. Get a printout of the Form and note the Form No. for future reference.
Step-6: Deposit the Application Fee of Rs. 500/- plus Entrance Test Fee of Rs. 500/- i.e. Rs. 1000/- for one Programme (plus Rs. 10/- Bank charges) and Rs. 250/- for each subsequent Programmes, through Online mode or against the Bank Pay-in-Slip generated with the Application Form, in any of the branches of the J&K Bank Ltd. across the Country.
V. Submission of downloaded Application Forms (Hard Copy):
– Open Merit candidates need not to submit Hard Copy of their downloaded Application Form. However, they must keep it with them for future reference.
– A candidates applying under any Reserved Category shall submit the hard copy of Application Form alongwith self attested photocopy of reserved category certificate at the Humanities Block (Ground Floor), University of Kashmir. Each such candidate shall bring the Original Reserved Category Certificate alongwith him / her for on spot verification at the above mentioned counter.
– The Reserved Category Candidates residing at or applying from Leh, Kargil, Gurez, Tanghdhar and outside Kashmir Division / J&K State can send the Hard Copy of Application Form alongwith all required documents duly attested by Gazetted officer through Speed Post / Courier only to the office of the Dean Academic Affairs, University of Kashmir, Hazratbal, Srinagar – 190006. The candidates shall ensure that the same reaches by or before the last date fixed for the purpose.
VI. Additional Information:
– The candidates must check the status of their Application Forms after five days of online submission of Application Form. In case, the status of Application is not updated to “Fee Paid” or “Fee Reconciliation is Pending”, the candidate should contact the Directorate of IT & SS, University of Kashmir, alongwith Application Form, Fee Receipt, and all other documents, within two days after the last date of submission of Application Forms. Thereafter, no claim, whatsoever, will be entertained by the University.
– Submission of Application Forms and appearance in the Entrance Test is subject to determination of eligibility for admission to the Programme by reference to the Admission Policy-2017.
– The detailed Date Sheet for conduct of Entrance Test shall be issued separately.
– Notification for Self Financed Seats shall be issued after issuance of 1st selection list. However, only those candidates shall be considered for admission under Self Financed Seats Category, who have appeared in the Entrance Test of the subject.
– The Admission Notification for MBA, MBA (Financial Management), IMBA, MCME, MTTM, LL.M, BA-LLB (5-Years), B.Pharm (4-Years), B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Pharm, PG Diploma, Diploma and Certificate Courses shall be issued separately.
– For any further query / information, the candidates are welcome to contact University on following numbers:
Office of the Dean Academic Affairs: Direct Numbers: 0194-2272008, 0194-2272007.
Public Relation Officer: 0194-2272172, 2272188
Email ID: email@example.com
The other important Admission Notifications issued by the University have been provided below for aspirant candidates. Click the notification link to download it!