Government of Jammu and Kashmir, Services Selection Board, Sehkari Bhawan, Panama Chowk, Jammu.
Sub:- Syllabus for the post of posts Vocational Instructor (Social Studies), (Technical Education Deptt.), Divisional Cadre Jammu, Advertised vide 06 of 2013, Item No 362.
In continuation to this office notification issued under endorsement No SSB/ /Sel/Secy/2015/7421-31 dated 08-08-2015, whereunder batch of posts was notified for which a single written test is to be conducted in the Month of December 2015, it is hereby informed that the posts Vocational Instructor (Social Studies), (Technical Education Deptt.), Divisional Cadre Jammu, Advertised vide 06 of 2013, Item No 362 shall also form part of the batch of posts notified vide aforementioned endorsement.
The syllabus shall be the same as notified for the afore-mentioned posts and is again reproduced in Annexure “A” to this Notice.
Marks: 150; Time:-2:30 hours
Syllabus for Written test (Objective Type) for the above said posts.
- Society, Community, Association.
2. Social Stratification: Caste, Class and Social Stratification in India.
3. Social Institutions: Norms, Values, Folkways and Mores
4. Marriage, Kinship and Family (15 Marks)
- Gender inequality and Issues.
2. Stages and Theories of Human Development (Freud, Erikson,)
3. Socialization and its Theories
4. Anxiety Disorders: Phobia, OCD, GAD, Panic Disorder, PTSD (15 Marks)
Theories of Economic Development
Indicators of Social Development
Population Growth Issues and Challenges
Rural Development Programmes (1990 onwards)
- United Nations Organization: Structure and function
2. Non-Alignment Movement and its Genesis
3. Fundamental rights, Fundamental duties and the Directive principle of State Policy
4. Democracy, Liberty, Equality and Justice
- Panchayati Raj System
2. Social Networking and its Impact
3. Basic Computer Applications (Elementary knowledge)
4. Macdonalisation and its effect
- Concept of social work: Philanthropy and Charity
2. Social work and its Relation with other Disciplines
3. Social Religious Movements
- Hindu Reform Movement
2. Land Reform Movement in Kashmir
3. Major Peasant and Tribal Movements
4. Spread of Modern Education.
- Human rights: Concept and Evolution
2. Universal Declaration of Human rights
3. Women Rights
4. Child Rights
- Poverty and Unemployment
2. Population Explosion, Global Warming and Climate Change
3. Drug Addiction, Child Abuse, Delinquency
4. Trafficking, Beggary, Corruption.
Female foeticide and infanticide
Child and Women Welfare Schemes
Old age and Disability Schemes.
Health and Family Welfare Programmes