Kashmir plains including Pulwama witness first snowfall of season

SRINAGAR — Residents in several districts of Kashmir are bracing for the possibility of snowfall tonight as temperatures continue to plummet, according to the latest weather update.

While Kashmir plains currently experience bone-chilling temperatures well below freezing point, the latest weather report by Kashmir Weather has indicated a potential for snowfall late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Despite a marginal rise in temperatures by 3-5°C, conditions remain conducive for snowfall, particularly in the Shopian-Kulgam belt.

The prevailing Western Disturbance, albeit weak, brings with it the prospect of light to moderate snowfall, although significant precipitation is unlikely. Experts anticipate wintry white flakes in select districts, albeit in varying probabilities.

ALSO READ
Wet spell to continue till April 12 in valley: MeT Department

In Shopian, there’s a 55% likelihood of precipitation, with a high chance of 90% for snowfall. Kulgam follows with a 45% chance of precipitation and a 60% chance of snow. Anantnag and Pulwama both stand at a 35% chance of precipitation, with a 65% likelihood of snow.

Moving to Srinagar, there’s a 30% chance of precipitation, accompanied by a 60% chance of snow. Ganderbal follows suit with a 30% likelihood of precipitation, expecting a 55% chance of snow. Meanwhile, Budgam shows a 40% chance of precipitation, with a 60% chance of snowfall.

ALSO READ
No threat of flood in Kashmir, says MeT

Baramulla and Bandipora districts both have a 30% chance of precipitation, with a 55% and 60% chance of snow, respectively. Kupwara stands at a 45% likelihood of precipitation, coupled with a 60% chance of snowfall.

Additionally, Gulmarg and Sonamarg may witness a spell of snowfall, adding to the wintry forecast across the region. However, the overall likelihood of precipitation remains relatively low.

As the region braces for potential snow, residents are advised to stay informed about the changing weather conditions and take necessary precautions. The forecast indicates a possibility of snow that could impact travel and daily routines in these areas.

Follow Us

The Kashmir Pulse is now on Google News. Subscribe our Telegram channel and Follow our WhatsApp channel for timely news updates!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here