Prichoo Chalo: Student teenager killed in Forces action

The slain youth was identified as Amir Gul Mir


Pulwama: A teenager was killed in forces’ firing at Prichoo village in South Kashmir’s Pulwama district while 40 others were injured after forces fired pellets and teargas shells to foil a pro-freedom rally.

Death toll in the valley after Burhan aftermath has already reached 68.

The fresh killing took place on a day when Home Minister Rajnath Singh arrived on a two- day visit to Kashmir to assess the prevailing situation.

The slain youth was identified as Amir Gul Mir, 18, son of Ghulam Muhamamd of Ratnipora, Pulwama.

Amir was killed while over 40 injured after forces used pellet guns to foil a peaceful pro- freedom rally in Prichoo village in Pulwama district.

Forces fired pellets and lobbed tear-gas shells, resulting in injuries to dozens of people, local residents said, as reported by Greater Kashmir. The injured were rushed to local Primary Health Centers where-from three of them were shifted to a Srinagar hospital.

However, one of the critically-injured youth Amir of Ratnipora village succumbed minutes after he reached the SMHS hospital in Srinagar, doctors said. The youth had sustained multiple pellet injuries in his abdomen, they said.

Due process followed in evaluation of answer scripts: KU

Amir was brought to SMHS hospital at around 11.30 am, according to doctors.

“He had multiple pellet injuries in his abdomen and died within no time,” hospital sources said.

Those accompanying him screamed while hundreds of people gathered there. His funeral was offered outside the SMHS hospital.

Amir Gul was born at Ratnipora, Pulwama on 21st February 1999. He was good at studies, keen cricketer, well mannered and loved by one and all for his friendly disposition. He was to appear in class 12 examination.

According to locals, Amir had survived a critical injury when forces had opened fire in Lelhar village of Kakpora Pulwama on February 14 this year, after an encounter broke out there between militants and forces.

Doctors at SMHS hospital had said that Amir will have to live his life without spleen as it was ruptured by a tear-gas shell.

COVID-19: Ration stocks rapidly drying up in Pulwama

Two youths — a Post graduate Urdu student, Shaista and an engineering student of Islamic University at Awantipora, Danish — were killed by forces during that gunfight.

Amir’s father is a laborer by profession and is survived by elder brother and three sisters.

Meanwhile, thousands participated in funeral prayers of Amir amid pro-freedom and anti-India sloganeering.

Violent protests broke out in entire Pulwama district, including main town, after Aamir was laid to rest.

Witnesses said people in Pulwama town marched towards a stadium in the evening to organize a pro-freedom rally there. However, forces tried to foil their attempt, resulting in fierce clashes.

Youth pelted stones on forces near Degree College and the cops in turn lobbed teargas shells and fired pellets, witnesses said.

They said as clashes were on, they heard a loud bang following which forces fired indiscriminately towards the protesters.

There was complete chaos all around as people ran for shelter, witnesses said, adding: “Several people sustained injuries in the forces’ firing.

Follow Us

The Kashmir Pulse is now on Google News. Subscribe our Telegram channel and Follow our WhatsApp channel for timely news updates!


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here